Where Can I Scan Documents To Email Near Me? – Before We Get Into The Topic,Lets Learn Some Basic Of This Topic
How to Scan a Document and Then Email it Using Windows Mail?
Scanning business documents including contracts and plans and emailing them to clients will help you save money on paper and long-distance faxing. The method of translating a document into electronic format is identical for many scanning devices, whether you have a standalone scanner or an All-in-One printer. Although you can scan a document directly from a scan-to-email printer or most All-in-One printers without using any additional software, advanced scanning software gives you more choices, such as the ability to choose a document format and resolution. You can attach the scan directly to a message in Windows Live Mail after you’ve created it.
Where Can I Scan Documents To Email Near Me?
Scan the Document
- Clean the surface of the scanning bed with a soft cloth and streak-free glass cleaner. A scanner will pick up dirt and fingerprints in the scan process, which can affect the quality of the output image.
- Open the lid and place the document face-down on the scanning bed. Align the document by using the markers along the perimeter of the glass and then close the lid carefully.
- Launch the scanning software that came with your scanner. For example, if you are using an HP scanner or an All-in-One printer, the software will be located in the HP folder.
- Select “Document” as the scan type and then choose whether you want to scan the document in color or black and white.
- Select an output format for the scanned document, usually an image type such as TIFF or GIF, or a PDF.
- Choose a resolution, if prompted, that produces a high-quality file such as 300dpi. While selecting a higher dpi will create a larger-sized file, the image will be sharper. However, be aware that higher resolution files take more time to upload and send.
- Click the “Scan” button. When the scanning process completes, click “Save.” Enter a file name for the document and select a destination folder, such as My Documents. Click the “Save” button.
You should look for a scan to email app online as an alternative to your system’s built-in scanning program, which may have more features.
Email the Document
- Open Windows Live Mail and log in to your account.
- Compose a new message by clicking the “Email Message” button on the Home toolbar.
- Enter the recipient’s email address, include a subject line, and then enter the message you want to include with the attached document.
- Click the “Attach File” button on the Message toolbar. Navigate through your folders in the Windows Explorer dialog box and select the scanned document. Click “Open” to attach the file to the email.
- Click the “Send” button.
When scanning a text, consider using the PDF format. A PDF preserves all of the original document’s visual elements and can be accessed on any PC with Adobe Reader enabled.
How to Add Documents to an Email From a Scanner?
When you scan a document or a picture, you can connect the scanned file to an email and send it to others. Use Windows Fax and Scan, a free Windows utility, if your scanner doesn’t allow you to email the document directly. If you exchange documents regularly, you can automate the process.
- Click the Windows 7 “Start” button. Click “All Programs.” Type “fax” or “scan” in the search bar. When the search results appear, click “Windows Fax and Scan” under Programs to launch the Windows Fax and Scan program.
- Click the “Scan” tab on the bottom of the left pane to display the Scan view.
- Click “New Scan” on the toolbar. When the New Scan dialog box opens, click the “Profile.” Select “Document.” Click “Preview” if you wish to see a preview of the object before scanning.
- Click “Scan.”
- Click the file you want to send in an email from the list of scanned items in the top-right pane. Click “Forward as Email” on the toolbar. This launches your default email client and creates a new message with the file attached.
- Type the email address of your recipient in the “To” field. If you want to send the scanned document to multiple recipients, enter their addresses in either the “To” field, “Cc” field, or “Bcc” (for blind carbon copies). Separate each address with a semicolon.
- Enter a title for your message in the “Subject” field or leave the default in. Type a message in the main body area. Click “Send” to send the message.