OCR Software Apps to Convert Images/Scan Into Text
The electronic conversion of images to written text is known as OCR (optical character reader/recognition). There is a lot of OCR applications out there that can help you extract text from images and transform them into searchable files. These programmes support a wide range of image formats and convert them to well-known file formats such as Word, Excel, and Plain Text.
The following is a hand-picked list of OCR Software, complete with common features and links to their websites. There is both open-source (free) and commercial (paid) software on the list.
Characters and text from PDF documents and photographs are recognised by OnlineOCR. It can transform more than 15 images into editable text formats per hour.
It can be used in over 46 languages, including English, Chinese, and French.
BMP (Bit Map), PNG (Portable Network Graphics), zip files, and other file types are all supported by OnlineOCR.
- Text can be converted to Word, Excel, RTF, and plain text.
- You may use this service to incorporate converted files into your website.
NanoNets is a web service that uses OCR to help you digitise documents and PDF. It can translate more than 100 scanned documents into formats like XML, PDF, and others all at once.
- For accurate detection, you can define a text type.
- Each text category allows you to upload up to 50 photos.
- NanoNets use captured images to automatically type out characters.
- Within a few hours, you will receive your converted files.
- Using OCR can convert human-readable text into structured data. You can use this software to extract data from images.
Adobe Acrobat is an optical character recognition (OCR) device that allows you to transform scanned PDF files and images into searchable and editable documents. It includes custom fonts that resemble printouts.
- Any printed document can be immediately edited.
- It allows you to quickly cut and paste the text into other programmes.
- You can export the file to Microsoft Office using Acrobat.
- You can transfer data from one place to another by converting scanned documents to PDF files.
- This tool allows you to maintain the look and feel of documents that are similar to the original.
LightPDF is an online tool for converting and managing scanned PDF files into editable text formats. With a simple mouse click, you can connect files.
- It allows you to choose several languages for text recognition.
- Your sensitive information is encrypted using this app.
- Images and PDFs can be converted to PPT, TXT, RTF, and other formats.
- On the tablet, LightPDF will help you.
- You can search files that are larger than 30 MB.
OCR.space is a service that uses OCR to convert images with text into editable file formats. This site will also assist you in extracting text from PDF files.
- You may choose a specific language for your text.
- A screenshot of a text document can also be transformed using this service.
- You do not need to register to use Ocr. space.
- You may use Ocr. space to convert an editable file to a multi-column text format.
- It does not keep any of your personal information on the server.
You can use Easy Screen OCR to convert images into editable text files. It allows you to quickly take screenshots and extract text.
- It allows you to upload files by dragging and dropping them.
- Within 30 minutes, Easy Screen OCR deletes all uploaded files.
- Without registering, you can extract text from photographs.
- To keep your cloud data secure, this service makes use of Google’s learning service.
- For the conversion, you can add up to five images.
- It can understand over 100 different languages.
- You can use Simple Screen OCR to build a shortcut for quick access.
Symphony is a back-end OCR engine that guarantees that the scanned file’s text can be searched. You may use this service to extract text from PDF, TIFF (Tagged Image File Format), e-faxes, and email, among other formats.
Symphony OCR is a programme that detects text in PDF files that contain scanned images.
Text from the records can be copied and pasted.
It allows you to scan the document for text.
This tool can be used in conjunction with SharePoint, ShareFile, and other similar applications.
FineScanner is a smart scanner that collects documents and books and converts them to a text format that is easy to browse. After the scan is completed, you can edit the output file.
- It can read the contents of your phone’s screen, including icons, connections, and buttons.
- FineScanner accepts commands from your virtual assistant to get PDFs, search documents, and open books.
- The results can be shared with others.
- It’s compatible with the iPad and iPhone.
Softworks is an optical character recognition (OCR) application that allows you to extract data from images. It allows you to reduce manual entry while still providing an automated solution for your business.
It aids in the enhancement of scanned document quality.
Softworks OCR supports a variety of input formats.
It analyses the processed page using a computer vision algorithm.
Within an image or document, this tool can detect existing text layers.
The Android app Text Scanner [OCR] scans messages. It aids in the conversion of images to text. This programme will identify characters in a photograph automatically.
- It supports more than 50 languages.
- The handwritten paper can be scanned and converted to a digital format.
- Text Scanner [OCR] allows you to share a file via email with others.
- The file can be saved to Google Drive.
- It works with networking apps like Google Hangouts and the Google+ social media platform.
The Android OCR app is Text Fairy. Text can be scanned from images or photographs taken with the camera through this app. It can identify print in over 50 different languages.
- It has the ability to extract text from scanned images.
- For a better result, this app automatically adjusts the image.
- The resulting file can be edited.
- It has the ability to turn photos into PDF files.
- When using Text Fairy, it does not show any advertisements.
Scanbot SDK enables you to scan and generate documents directly from your smartphone. It offers a System Development Kit (SDK) that can be easily incorporated into Android and iOS projects.
- It recognises text from scanned images automatically.
- Text from documents can be extracted and converted into searchable and editable files.
- All major operating systems are supported by this software.
- You can use it even if you aren’t connected to the internet.
- Characters in Latin, Arabic, Asian, and other languages are recognised by Scanbot SDK.
- A multi-page PDF file can be scanned.
ABBYY Cloud Reader is a programme that recognises a typed or handwritten page in its entirety. It can recognise over 200 languages. This programme allows you to convert PDF/image files to searchable MS Word, Excel, PDF, and other formats.
- It is compatible with both mobile devices and desktop computers.
- Receipts and business cards are recognised by this method.
- RESTful services are provided by ABBYY Cloud Reader (Representational State Transfer).
- It transforms data into XML format (Extensible Markup Language).
- This tool includes a Java,.NET, iOS, and Python library.
You may use OCR Text Scanner to identify text in scanned documents. It’s a simple app that allows you to convert your handwritten or typed format into an editable document.
- It can recognise text in over 30 different languages.
- Text may be copied from the clipboard.
- The OCR Text Scanner allows you to email a paper.
- It recognises text written in the scanned document automatically.
- This programme allows you to save a quote from a magazine or book.
- The OCR Text Scanner can be used both online and offline.
- The OCR Text Scanner allows you to email the extracted file to others.
- It can recognise the format of typed text.
Google Cloud Vision is a text-detection API for images. It can convert PDF, PNG, JPEG, and other image file formats to machine-readable text.
- This app works on a smartphone, Android phone, iPhone, iPad, and other devices.
- It can recognise handwriting in photos.
- This tool can extract and save text from photos that have been uploaded.
- It uses the cloud feature to save text to an online storage location.
- Image files in the cloud are automatically detected by Google Cloud.
OneNote is a product that allows you to copy text from a printout or an image using optical character recognition. This programme assists you in making adjustments to the paper.
- With just one click, you can convert information written in a picture to text.
- It gives you the ability to extract text from a printout.
- You can extract text from a business card using OneNote.
- Using the keyword shortcut, you can paste copied text.
Soda PDF converts paper and image files into editable PDF files. It recognises text from several documents at the same time.
- You can change the font type, style, and size with Soda PDF.
- It keeps files on the server for a period of 24 hours.
- This software can be used both online and offline.
- Photos in PDF files can quickly be translated into plain text.
- Between the server and the browser, it encrypts the URL.
Chronoscan is a data extraction and document processing tool. It’s adaptable and easy to use. This method scans documents in a shorter amount of time.
- It allows you to search a large number of documents quickly.
- Text can be extracted from PDF files with ease.
- You can upload documents to the cloud with Chronoscan.
- Documents can be exported to ERP applications (Enterprise Resource Planning).
- It aids in the reduction of data entry jobs.
- This programme aids in the fast organisation of your paper.
Readiris is a simple software package that converts text from paper documents or images into text automatically. It allows you to make adjustments to the file without having to retype anything.
- It can produce in a variety of formats.
- Readiris will listen to your books in the format that you specify.
- Windows and Mac operating systems are also supported.
- Chronoscan allows you to edit the text that is embedded in an image.
- You can save files to Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other programmes.
Textract from Amazon is a service that extracts text from scanned documents. It can be used to automate document workflow and process large amounts of data quickly.
- It distinguishes material that is written in the form of a form or a table.
- To get data from records, this tool uses an API.
- It collects data from forms automatically.
- Textract is capable of reading almost any document.
- Key information is automatically identified.
- The document content can be adjusted in percentages.
- For document processing, it is integrated with Amazon’s Augmented AI service.
Evernote Scannable is a smartphone app that allows you to scan paper and convert it into editable documents. It allows you to distribute the file to others.
- Receipts, business cards, contracts, and other documents can all be scanned.
- It rotates, crops, and adjusts images automatically.
- You can save documents in Evernote as JPG or PDF files.
- You can quickly and easily remove the contact information from business cards.
- This software is compatible with iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch devices.
- Before you approve a picture, take a look at it first.
- It allows you to email or text message the converted file.