What Are the Benefits of Using an Online Faxing Service?
If you’re still sending and receiving important documents via fax, it may be time to consider moving to a more user-friendly, secure, and cost-effective alternative.
Modern online fax services make faxing from Windows 10 a breeze, and they come with a slew of features that can help companies save money and boost productivity.
These benefits include:
The ability to send and receive faxes at any time and from any place is one of the key benefits provided by online fax services. Many now have smartphone applications for added convenience.
Convenience and Ease of Use: Internet-based faxing services are simple to use and make storing and organising all of your important documents a breeze. Instead of searching through unorganised physical records, you can easily scan your fax history to find a specific document.
Cost Savings: Online faxing services can only save you money on the purchase of a physical fax machine, but they can also save you money on paper and toner each month.
Many online faxing platforms will encrypt and host your documents, ensuring the security of your confidential files.
Finally, for faxing from a Windows 10 device, online fax services are the most dependable, cost-effective, and powerful choice.
Online Fax Services: How to Fax From Windows 10
Using an online fax service provider is the first choice for faxing from Windows 10. Anyone with an internet connection can send or receive faxes from any location and on any internet-enabled computer using these services.
Let’s take a look at how you can submit faxes from a Windows 10 device using eFax.
Method 1: Online eFax
It’s very simple to send a fax using eFax: Simply create a new post, type the subject and body of your message, connect up to 10 files, and hit Send.
You’ll get an email notification after the fax has been sent, confirming that it was sent and informing you if there were any problems sending the fax.
Your Account’s Fax Making Use of the Website Type
Follow these basic steps to submit fax from a Windows 10 computer using eFax:
- Go to your eFax account and sign in.
- To send faxes, go to Send Faxes.
- Choose a recipient from your contacts or type in the recipient’s Name and Company in the window that appears.
- Select Fax from the drop-down menu.
- Choose your recipient’s country from the drop-down menu.
- If the recipient isn’t one of your contacts, enter their Fax Number.
- Include a cover page by selecting Include Cover Page and entering a topic and body.
- Click Browse, select a folder and select OK to connect it.
- Select a resolution for your fax from the Select Quality List.
- Select Faxes to Submit.
How to Add Comments to Faxes You can also add comments to faxes you receive by following these steps:
- Go to your eFax account and sign in.
Select Faxes to Display.
- In the Message Center toolbar, check the box next to the fax you want to comment on, then press Sign.
- A popup window with your fax will appear. Select Text at the top of the page to add comments to the page you want to add them to.
- Fill in the blanks with your message
- If necessary, drag and resize the comment box.
- Click the plus (+) or minus (-) symbols that appear when you hover over the comment box to increase or decrease the text size.
- All you have to do now is click Save, and eFax will copy the modified fax to your Message Center Signed Docs folder. You can also submit the new fax without saving it to your folder by clicking Email or Fax in the top toolbar.
Method 2: Email-based fax
When sending or receiving faxes on a Windows 10 system, you can also send faxes via email without logging in to your eFax account, giving you more versatility and accessibility.
In four simple steps, you can send a fax via email.
- Use Gmail/Outlook/Yahoo or another service to compose a new email address.
- In the To area, type the recipient’s fax number followed by @efaxsend.com.
- Enter firstname.lastname@example.org to send to the fax number +1 222 333 4444, where 1 is the country code, 222 is the area code, and 3334444 is the fax number.
- Include the full destination fax number in international faxes (country codes can be found here)
- You can upload up to ten files.
- Type the text for the cover page in the email message’s body, or choose from a variety of cover page templates. You can also learn how to make your own fax cover board.
Click the Send button.
- After you press Send, eFax will turn your email into a fax and deliver it to the intended recipient.
eFax Messenger is the third choice
Finally, eFax Messenger, eFax’s desktop fax software for Windows 10, helps you to annotate, sign, display, and submit faxes without having to scan or print any documents.
Note: You must download eFax Messenger on your Windows 10 device in order to use it with your eFax subscription.
Faxes in 7 Easy Steps with eFax Messenger
- Select New Fax to open the Create window.
- In the To area, type the recipient’s details or select contacts from your Address Book.
- Make a check If you’d like a copy, please send it to me.
- Enter the fax’s subject and the recipient’s name.
- To create a new page, click the Add New Page (+) button in the sidebar and select the type of page you want to create. Blank Page, Cover Page, or Import File are the choices.
- Pick the file to upload by clicking Attach file.
- When you’re finished, press Send Fax.
- Your fax and all associated documents will be shipped to the intended recipient after you complete these simple measures.
Use a Connected Fax Machine to Fax from Windows 10
If you don’t want to use an online service, you can use connected fax or multifunction printer to fax from a device running Windows 10.
Of course, not every system can do this, so you’ll have to look for one that can send and receive faxes from a Windows 10 machine.
What You’ll Need to Begin
You’ll need the following to send and receive faxes from Windows 10 using a wired fax machine:
- A machine running Windows 10
- A multifunction printer or a fax machine
- A telephone link through a landline (no VoIP)
- Faxable documents
- Faxing with a Fax Machine That Is Connected
Follow these measures to submit fax until you have all of the requisite materials:
- On your Windows 10 computer, instal the fax drivers.
- Go to the document you’d like to submit and choose Print.
- Select the fax driver that you built previously.
- Click Send Fax after entering your recipient’s fax number.
- This is a very simple procedure that, once done, will submit the fax to your recipient instead of printing it.
However, since this method also necessitates the use of a fax machine and a phone line, it might not be the best choice for all. Both can be expensive in the long run.
Windows Fax & Scan: How to Fax from Windows 10
Finally, you can send and receive faxes quickly and easily with the integrated Windows 10 fax app.
Windows Fax and Scan is a programme that helps you to submit faxes from your device using a fax modem.
How to Set Up Fax and Scan in Windows?
To set up Windows Fax and Scan, follow these steps:
- Type Windows Fax and Scan into the search box to launch the app.
- Pick Fax Accounts from the dropdown menu under Tools.
- To mount the fax modem, select Add.
- Using Windows Fax & Scan, you can choose between automatic and manual answering.
To send a fax, follow these steps once your computer is set up:
- Open the app by typing Windows Fax and Scan into the search bar.
- In the toolbar at the top of the window, select New Fax.
- In the To sector, type the recipient’s fax number.
- Include the cover page in the body of the document.
- Documents should be attached.
- When you’re done, press Send.
These measures make it simple to send and receive faxes without the need for any extra software or costly faxing equipment. You will, however, require a phone line and fax modem.
Which option is the most advantageous?
Since faxing remains an integral part of many businesses’ daily operations, it’s critical to find a cost-effective solution that meets your needs.
While using a wired fax machine or Windows Fax and Scan to send faxes can be a convenient alternative to conventional methods, they also require a phone line, bulky equipment, and can be difficult to set up.
On the other hand, online faxing from Windows 10 provides unrivalled ease, cost savings, and time savings, making it the best faxing option for most companies.
How to Send and Receive a Fax Online?
Send a Fax Over the Internet
Many web services allow you to send a fax to any phone number you specify. Sending a fax is free for certain providers if you’re sending a limited number of pages. In this case, the fax service will normally put a promotional ad or logo on the cover side. If you need to submit more pages or don’t want an advertisement to clutter up your fax, you’ll almost always have to pay a fee.
If the paper you want to fax is in hard copy, you’ll have to check it first. You can save the scanned document as a PDF or TIF file, but a PDF is a safer option if you want to keep the electronic version and potentially share it with others in the future. A paper is usually scanned using your machine and a scanner or an all-in-one printer. If you don’t have the appropriate equipment, you can scan the document with a scanning app on your phone.
FaxZero is a free fax service.
FaxZero is an easy-to-use programme. Enter your name and contact information, as well as the name and fax number of your recipient, on the website. Attach the document to be faxed; FaxZero supports Microsoft Word and PDF documents. If necessary, create a cover page, type the confirmation code, and submit your fax by clicking the button.
FaxZero sends you an email confirmation message with a connection to the fax. FaxZero will deliver your fax to your recipient and then give you an email to confirm receipt.
If you just need to submit three pages at a time, send five faxes per day, and don’t mind the FaxZero ad on the cover tab, FaxZero is free. You can submit up to 25 pages at a time for $1.99 per page without a cover page ad.
According to the business, all user information sent to FaxZero is encrypted and sent to its server using the HTTPS protocol. Furthermore, the FaxZero server encrypts all outbound correspondence with SSL or TLS.
Fax.Plus is a good option to consider because of its simplicity and accessibility. Fax from the Fax.Plus website, the iOS or Android app, Google Docs, or email services such as Gmail and Outlook.
The first ten faxes are free; after that, you must purchase a paid plan. For $5.99 a month or $59.99 a year, you can get 100 pages a month with the Basic plan. For $11.99 a month or $119.99 a year, you can get 300 pages a month with the Premium plan.
The Business plan allows you to print 800 pages a month for $19.99 per month or $179.99 a year. For $59.99 per month or $599.99 per year, you get 3,000 pages per month with the Enterprise plan. You also get a phone number from which you can collect faxes for any paid plan.
To begin, go to the Fax.Plus home page and select Sign Up for Free > Send Fax from the drop-down menu. After that, enter the receiving fax number and the document you want to file. Word, Excel, HTML, PDF, JPG, PNG, and TIF are among the document types supported by Fax.Plus. To schedule the fax, retry it if it fails, send recipients a PDF of the fax, and optimise the document for faxing, click the Settings button. When you’re done, press the Send button.
AES-256-bit encryption is used to encrypt all faxes sent and received via Fax.Plus.
Get a Fax through the Internet
By providing you with a virtual fax phone number, a variety of websites will give you fax. The faxed document is sent to you as a PDF or TIF image via email. Some services save the document in a proprietary format and offer free software to open it.
eFax eFax has a free version that gives you a virtual fax number, but it’s not a toll-free number. The free eFax Messenger app allows you to receive up to 10 faxed pages a month and view them. You can zoom in and out of the file, print it, and save it as a generic TIF graphic with this programme. The faxes can also be viewed as PDFs in Adobe Reader or as TIFs in a regular graphics programme.
If you need to receive and submit more faxes, the service even provides paid plans. The eFax Plus plan allows you to send and receive 150 faxes a month for $16.95 a month plus a $10 setup fee. The eFax Pro plan allows you to send and receive 200 faxes a month for $19.95 a month plus a $10 setup fee.
You get your own dedicated fax number and can receive up to 50 pages of faxes every month with the free version of FaxBetter. There are, however, a couple of caveats. You’ll need to instal a browser extension that incorporates ads into those web pages when you’re browsing to use the service for free. You’ll also have to check the FaxBetter website for received faxes.
You can receive up to 500 faxes a month with the FaxBetter paid plan, display them in your email software, check for text inside your faxes, and submit faxes. It costs $9.95 per month with auto-renewal, $95.40 for one year ($7.95 per month), or $142.80 for two years ($5.95 per month).