Scan to Computer is no Longer Activated Printer Error (Fixed)
Errors in the printer irritate a lot of people. The error “check to machine is no longer activated” is no exception. The good news is that it usually doesn’t take long to get rid of it.
We’ll show you not one, but three potential solutions to this vexing problem in this article. So, let’s get started.
Solution 1 – Check Your Printer Connection
This mistake, like a number of others related to printers, will prevent you from printing files. We suggest that you check the printer link before trying any other solutions.
What is the best way to do this? You may be perplexed.
Check the way your printer is attached first. Is it plugged in via USB? If that’s the case, double-check that the USB cable is properly attached to the device.
Have you linked the printer wirelessly rather than via USB? In any case, double-check that your printer is connected to your network and not to another network.
Continue to the next solution in the post if your printer is already properly attached.
Solution 2 – Reinstall the Printer Driver
A corrupt printer driver is frequently the root of this type of printer problem. In most instances, simply upgrading the printer driver would solve the issue.
The driver programme can now be updated in two ways: manually and automatically. The latter is much simpler and quicker. It also does not necessitate any technological expertise. Nonetheless, we have explored all choices so that you can make your own decision.
Updating Printer Driver Manually
The measures are as follows:
- To open the Run command, press the Windows logo key + R together.
- Type devmgmt.msc in the Run command and press OK.
- Expand Print queues in the Device Manager.
- Uninstall computer by right-clicking the printer software.
- Windows should be restarted. When you restart your computer, Windows will automatically load the printer driver.
- If Windows fails to do so, you’ll need to go to the printer manufacturer’s website and manually download and instal the new printer driver.
- Make sure you have the most recent driver for your Windows version. If you have a 32-bit version of Windows 10, for example, the driver should be for 32-bit only, not 64-bit.
Update Printer Driver Automatically
If you use a reliable driver update programme like DriverDownloader, you won’t have to go searching for the new driver. It’s a sophisticated tool that can update your printer driver in under two seconds. After you’ve installed the tool, all you have to do is register.
DriverDownloader is free to download and use, but automatic updates are only available to registered users. The best thing is that you can check it out risk-free because it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Furthermore, registered users have access to a capable service team that promises to quickly resolve any problems you may encounter when using DriverDownloader. The app automatically upgrades all of your obsolete drivers, boosting PC performance and resolving driver-related problems.
Solution 3: Fix the error “Scan to computer is no longer active.”
Even if the aforementioned error message keeps showing up on your computer every few minutes, you can be able to print files in certain cases.
Here’s how to get rid of it.
- Ctrl+Shift+Esc is a combination of the keys Ctrl, Shift, and Esc.
- Locate scanToPCActivationApp under the Process tab in the task manager window.
- Right-click it and pick End Task from the menu that appears.
- Next, go to the Startup page. Locate and pick scanToPCActivationApp from the drop-down menu. Right-click it and choose Disable.
- That’s what there is to it. The mistake will not appear again.
ISSUE FIXED: HP Printer Won’t Scan ( Easy Illustrated Guide)
Hp Printer Won’t Scan Troubleshooting Guide: This Easy Step-By-Step Guide Will Help You Fix Your Hp Printer Scan Problem.
Do you want to get rid of the problem where your HP printer won’t scan? HP is a well-known brand for its diverse goods, as we all know. In general, it produces an all-in-one printer that can print as well as scan.
HP printers are recognised for their incredible all-around capabilities. It has gained popularity among users due to its user-friendly and cost-effective nature. Many descendants exist, including the HP 6500A Plus Officejet Printer, the HP Officejet Pro 251DW Inkjet, and the HP 1213NF LaserJet Printer, to name a few.
However, as the saying goes, nothing is fine, and HP printer users are experiencing a variety of issues. Users say that they are unable to search documents. Some users have confirmed that after upgrading to Windows 10, they have begun to experience such issues. Some people are having problems with the “HP Printer won’t scan” issue in Windows 7, 8, and other versions of Windows.
Don’t worry; we’ve included the practical methods after conducting thorough analysis. We recommend that you observe all of the steps in a systematic and methodical manner.
Overview of the HP Printer Won’t Scan Issue
The consumer is unable to scan due to the “HP Printer won’t scan” problem. Some users have stated that although they can print, they are unable to search their documents. Some people have problems connecting to the scanning system and the HP imaging device. In certain instances, it simply displays the error “Computer not found” or “Computer not identified.”
When users try to search, they get the message “Scan to device no longer activated” or “Currently unavailable.” The scanner can not be initialised or found in some cases.
There may be a number of reasons for this issue, some of which are described below:
Environment that is incompatible
Windows Defender Firewall Malfunctioned System Printer Driver File Corrupt Or Missing
Related Issues with an HP Printer That Won’t Scan
We discovered numerous similar words for the same problem after conducting extensive study. Users are also looking for solutions to the problems mentioned below. These are linked to these processes, either directly or indirectly.
We recommend that you follow these troubleshooting measures for any of the issues mentioned below.
Why Won’t My HP Printer Scan To My Computer/ Why Can’t I Scan From My Printer To My Computer: The user is unable to scan documents in this situation. You can correct it by following our steps in the correct order.
HP Scanner Not Working Yet Printer Is/ HP Printer Prints But Doesn’t Scan Windows 10 is a new operating system from Microsoft. The user can print, but not scan, their document in this mode. The cause may be due to a compatibility issue; use our approach to resolve it.
Not Working HP Print And Scan Doctor: This is HP’s troubleshooting tool that can be used to resolve this problem. For your convenience, we’ve included instructions on how to use it, as well as a link to download the tool.
HP Printer Won’t Scan To Email/ Hp Easy Scan: When a user attempts to scan a document directly from their email, the scanning fails. The bug may be in your email address in this situation. Alternatively, the firewall could be interfering with network communication.
Troubleshooting for Beginner
We understand how damaging a problem like “HP Printer Won’t Scan” can be. When doing some urgent job, Scanner’s unreachable condition frustrates. However, we have provided a variety of methods; we recommend that you start with the basics before moving on to Advanced level troubleshooting.
Take a look at the external chords.
First and foremost, make sure your HP printer’s communication cable and ports are in good working order. These aspects can also make it difficult to use all of a product’s features. Check to see if the port you’re using is compatible.
Performing a device and printer power cycle
Go for a full power outage now; this will literally repair the slight hiccups. The device drivers and files will be refreshed as a result of this operation. If the problem is caused by a slight interruption from a third-party programme, it will be resolved.
This power cycle also involves the Printer. This simple action can often resolve the “HP Printer Won’t Scan” problem. It basically refreshes the printer’s configuration settings.
If your printer, system, or other external devices are connected, switch off the power. Also, disconnect all Wi-Fi connections immediately. Wait 10 to 20 minutes after unplugging the chords.
Simply plug the chords into the sockets, switch on your computer, and attach your printer and Wi-Fi. Now simply try scanning your documents normally to see whether it works or not. Also, make an effort to review the documents in your e-mail.
This works in small situations; if it doesn’t, you’ll need to make some big changes. Please proceed to the following portion.
How to Fix an HP Printer That Won’t Scan
If no external or hardware-related issues are discovered, be prepared to use advanced level troubleshooting techniques. We’ve provided a list of scanner issues and solutions for the “HP Printer Won’t Scan” problem. So, let’s begin with Method 1 and work our way through the list.
Step 1: Checking for compatibility and downgrading the operating system
Step 2: Reinstalling the HP Printer Package
Step 3: Visit the Print & Scan Doctor website.
Step 4: Make the Windows Image Acquisition Service operational.
Step 5: Disable the Firewall
Step 6: Proceed with your HP Printer Reset.
Step 7: Schedule an SFC and DISM scan.
Step 1: Checking For Compatibility And Downgrading The Operating System
If you’ve recently upgraded to Windows 10, you might have noticed that your HP printer won’t scan. Compatibility problems may be the cause in this case.
To find out, go to the HP printer’s website and use your browser to turn to the Windows 10 compatible printer tab. Expand the list to find the model of your printer. If it isn’t mentioned, it means it isn’t compatible with Windows 10.
In this scenario, you must purchase a new printer. If you don’t want to buy a new one, proceed to the next stage.
Note: If your printer is mentioned on the Windows 10 compatible printer page but you are still having problems, you can contact Microsoft. Then skip the next stage and proceed to the next process.
Downgrade the Windows operating system:
Another choice is to downgrade the system to a previous version of the operating system. After upgrading to Windows 10, you have the option to revert to the previous version within ten days. If you are still on this contract, we recommend that you downgrade your system by following the steps below:
- To open the Settings Screen, press the Windows Logo Key and the letter “I.”
- To open the Settings app, press Windows key + I.
- There, select the “Update & Security” option. Now, in the left pane, tap on the “Recovery” option.
- Now look in the right pane for “Go Back To Windows 8.1” and click it (It Can Be 8 Or
- As Per Your Previous Version). Simply select the “Get Started” option from the drop-down menu.
- After that, simply follow the on-screen directions and double-check that you’re connected to the power source. Do not get in the way of this operation. Only wait until it’s over. After that, turn on your machine and, if necessary, sign in with your administrative account.
To see if the problem has been resolved, use the scanner on your HP printer. If the problem is due to a compatibility question, this will resolve it.
Step 2: Reinstalling the HP Printer Package
Some users have indicated that the problem was resolved after reinstalling the HP printer programme. If your printer is compatible with Windows 10 but you’re still having problems, it’s likely that the drivers are out of date. The driver will deny answering in this situation. Simply reinstall the printer driver to resolve the problem.
To perform a reinstallation, follow the steps below:
Type “Appwiz.Cpl” into the Windows Logo Key with the Alphabet “R” and press Enter.
appwiz is a web-based application that allows you to
Right-click on your HP printer’s software and choose “Programs And Features.” Select “Uninstall.”
- After that, restart your Windows 10 computer.
- After that, we’ll exclude HP Printer from the list of “Printers & Scanners.”
- Now, in the Start Search Box, type “printer & scanner.” To open it, simply tap on it.
- Select Your HP Printer in the right pane. Toggle the “Remove Device” switch. To complete this task, follow the on-screen instructions.
- Go to the HP Support Site to manually download your printer’s software. When the page loads, choose the “Printer” category.
- There will be a search box there; type your printer’s model number in the “Enter Your Product Name” box.
- The Software And Drivers Page will now appear. Toggle the “Choose A Different OS” option here. There, choose your Windows version (32-bit or 64-bit) as well as your operating system (Windows). When you’re done, click the “Change” button.
- There will be a “Download” option for the required driver there. To download, simply tap on it.
- If the download is complete, simply navigate to your system’s download folder and tap on it to open it.
- To instal it, double-click on the.Exe file. To complete the installation, follow the on-screen instructions.
- If that’s finished, check to see if the “HP printer won’t scan” problem has been resolved. If the problem continues, we’ll move on to the next step.
A variety of factors must be considered, including the printer’s features and capability, among others.
Step 3: Visit the Print and Scan Doctor
HP’s Print and Scan Doctor application will help with the “HP Printer Won’t Scan” issue. To some extent, this troubleshooter can resolve problems with printing or scanning.
To download and run this software, follow the steps below:
- Make sure your HP printer is connected to your computer.
- Now go to the HP Support Site and download the HP Print And Scan Doctor Troubleshooter File.
- Go to your Download Folder after it has finished downloading. Double-click the to open it in a new window. Exe File, Then Select Your HP Printer From The “Start” Menu (Faulty One).
- Choose the option “Fix Scanning” from the drop-down menu.
- The Troubleshooter will begin to detect the problem. It Will Show The Result Until It Is Completed.
- If you see a red “X” icon, it’s possible that’s what’s causing your HP printer to stop scanning. In this case, the Troubleshooter’s on-screen instructions should be followed.
- Toggle the “Online Help (Recommended)” option as well.
- After that, check to see if your HP Printer has begun scanning. If it’s still not scanning, try the next step.
Step 4: Make the Windows Image Acquisition Service available.
The Windows Image Acquisition service is critical to the scanning process. According to some users, the problem was resolved after they activated their Windows Image Acquisition service.
To activate this service, follow the steps below:
- To open the Run Box, press the Windows Logo Key and the letter “R.” In it, type “Services.Msc” and then press the Enter key.
- Now type “Services” and double-tap on “Windows Image Acquisition.” A box will appear on the screen.
- Now find the “Startup Form” option and select “Automatic” by pressing the OK toggle, then Apply.
- Check to see if the “HP Printer won’t scan” problem has been resolved. If it isn’t, move on to the next method.
Note: The same protocol should be followed to allow other Windows scanning services as well. Remote Procedure CALL, Endpoint Mapper, Shell Hardware Detection, and DCOM are the ones in question.
Step 5: Disable the Firewall
The Windows firewall can be to blame in the case of the Network Printer. It basically shuts down all ports, including contact. As a result, the scanner becomes unresponsive.
Other third-party software, such as antivirus, will do the same thing. On a temporary basis, I prefer to turn it off.
Many users have discovered that simply turning off the Firewall solved their problems with email scanning and other issues.
To turn off the Windows Defender Firewall, follow the steps below:
- In the Search Box on your Windows 10 Taskbar, type “Windows Defender Firewall.”
- The “Turn Windows Defender Firewall On Or Off” option will appear in the left pane of the window.
- Switch Windows Firewall on or off by clicking the Turn Windows Firewall on or off button.
- Now select the option to “Turn Off Windows Defender Firewall.”
- Both the public and private networks’ Windows Firewalls should be turned off.
- After that, search to see if the problem “HP Printer won’t scan” has been resolved. If the problem continues, try our next process.
Step 6: Reset your HP printer.
The reset option is available on some HP printer models. This choice will factory reset the configuration of your HP printers. Since the steps vary depending on the model, we recommend that you stick to the instructions in the manual.
The reset to default option is usually found in the control panel section of HP printers. If your model has this choice, take advantage of it. This could work for you if you have minor issues.
Step 7: Schedule an SFC and DISM scan.
The easiest way to find out whether a file is missing or corrupt is to use System File Checker. This usually identifies and resolves minor problems.
- To run the System File Checker programme in Windows 10, follow the steps below:
- Choose “Command Prompt (Admin)” from the list by tapping on the Windows Logo
- Key with the Alphabet “X” on it. Alternatively, you can use the “Windows PowerShell (Admin)” option.
- Select the Command Prompt (Administrator) option.
- Now press the Enter key after typing the command “DISM.Exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /Restorehealth.” This Will Take Time; Please Be Patient Until It Is Completed.
- Press Enter after typing DISM exe Online Cleanup-image Restorehealth.
- When it’s over, type “Sfc/Scannow” and hit the Enter key. Let’s get this over with.
- Type sfc scannow in the Command Prompt.
- Simply exit and restart your system until it’s done.
- If you’re still having problems, we recommend contacting HP’s official support team.
How to Fix an HP Printer That Won’t Scan
- Check to see if your system is broken. To avoid any glitches, run a full system scan on a regular basis.
- This problem may be caused by an out-of-date related driver. To Avoid Any Compatibility Issues, Update Your Driver According To Your System Configuration.
The fact that Scan to Computer is no longer active is an inevitable problem for HP users. This is a frustrating mistake that needs to be addressed right away. HP products are not without drawbacks, despite offering excellent service. This is one of those issues.
This error is accompanied by a message instructing the user to allow Scan To Computer. Disconnecting the scanner and printer does not aid in these situations. In reality, the error message has become more common. If you’re having trouble with the same problem, you’ve come to the right place. In this article, we’ll look at some potential options for resolving this issue.
Windows 10: Scan To Computer Is No Longer Activated: Possible Solutions
When a computer scans and sends a record to the computer. The term for this procedure is ‘Scan to Computer.’ When this process is disrupted, the Scan to Machine feature is disabled and the network link is lost.
Before you begin the troubleshooting process, you must first understand what is causing the errors. This error can be caused by an out-of-date driver. This issue may also be caused by an antivirus or firewall.
We understand the gravity of the situation. It’s much more difficult to overcome if you’re running Windows 10. As a result, you must get it repaired as soon as possible. Here is a list of possible solutions to this problem.
Drivers Should Be Upgraded
The majority of printer errors are caused by an expired driver. As a result, make sure you’re using the most recent update. If not, update the drivers right away to fix the Scan to Computer is no longer active issue. Here are the steps that must be followed.
To access the Run menu, press Windows + R. Enter “devicegmt.msc” into the search box.
A list will appear in a new window. Pick Update Drivers from the drop-down menu.
You will now be asked to choose which driver you want to update. To proceed, select the appropriate option.
Your machine should be restarted.
You also have the option of updating the drivers automatically. To do so, go to the Control Panel and turn on “Automatically search for updated drivers.” This will resolve the issue where Scan to Computer is no longer active.
Check The Power Input And Finish The Power Cycle
Check that the printer’s cables and wires are properly wired. If the printer is used for an extended period of time, problems can occur. Switch off the printer and let it rest for a while if this is the case. Then switch it back on to see if the Scan to device no longer enabled windows 10 screen still appears. Disabling should be finished.
The “Scan To Computer” option is available.
Furthermore, the Scan to Computer feature is included in the majority of HP printers and laptops. You should try to solve this problem by following the steps below.
- Open the Printer menu by selecting the Printer icon.
- At the top of the page, select the “Print, Scan, and Fax” option.
- Then select “Manage Scan to Device” from the drop-down menu.
- After that, uncheck or disable the option “Automatically start scan when logged in.”
- Exit Printers at the end. Restart your machine after that.
- Hopefully, this approach can successfully resolve the Scan to Computer is no longer enabled problem. If the issue reappears, proceed to the next move.
Scan To PC Activation App should be unchecked.
Additionally, the error message could be shown as a result of a module installed on your device. “Scan to PC Activation App” is the name of the module. This programme is in charge of all forms of scan work. If this error occurs, it is strongly advised that you disable the submission. This can be done by Task Manager.
- Ctrl+Shift+Esc can bring up Task Manager. Otherwise, click “taskmgr” in the Run window to launch Task Manager.
- Disable the functions of the Scan To PC Activation app.
Excellent Services Would Help To Resolve The Problem
We hope you’ve found a solution to your Scan to Machine is no longer active issue. If the above methods fail to resolve the issue, you will need professional assistance. Support Numbers experts will quickly resolve the problem. We not only address the issues briefly, but also provide effective solutions. Our Support Numbers executives are available to assist our customers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
You can rely on us to provide services on time. We will provide services at the time and place that you specify. You can contact Support Numbers to get help with the issue.
Price that is reasonable
Support Numbers not only provide you with prompt services, but they also provide you with financial security. You would be able to obtain our services at an affordable cost. Your time and resources are valuable to us.
Finally, Support Numbers employs a team of highly trained technicians who are always available to assist you. If you’re having trouble, don’t hesitate to call, email, or talk with us via our online portal. We would be delighted to assist you.
Get in Touch With Official Support
If the “HP Printer won’t scan” problem persists after attempting all of the remedies, we recommend seeking official assistance. Official HP printer service representatives will assist you with this.
If your local service centre is open, you can also get this fixed there. Make sure you have all of the necessary information.