Fix: Scan to computer is no longer activated
Many users who have their printer connected to their machine get an error message that says “Scan to computer is no longer activated.” This notification is inconvenient and can cause you to lose focus when working on your Windows computer.
The solutions to this problem are simple: either fix the error message by adjusting the settings, or disable the warning entirely and see what happens. Take a peek at them in the gallery below. Begin with the most difficult and work your way down.
Solution 1: Switch off the ‘Scan to computer’ function
Scan to machine refers to the process of scanning a document and sending it to a computer. Hewlett Packard (HP) printers and laptops are typically equipped with this feature. It provides fast scanning access, so you can quickly scan any document and submit it to your computer without getting bogged down in the information.
If this error message appears repeatedly, we can disable this procedure. Please keep in mind that this is exclusively for HP computers and printers.
When you click on the Printer icon on your screen, the HP Printer Assistant will appear.
Select “Print, Scan, and Fax” from the top of the page, and then press “Manage Scan to Computer” under the heading of Scan.
Now press the Disable button and uncheck the box that says “Automatically start Scan to Computer when I log on to Windows.”
Close the window. Check to see if the message appears again. If this happens, restart your machine and double-check.
Solution 2: Disabling ScanToPCActivationApp
The error message you’re seeing is caused by a module named ScanToPCActivationApp that’s mounted on your device. This Hewlett-Packard module is in charge of handling scan jobs for the device. It’s normally included as part of the printer’s full-featured applications. We should disable this application’s ability to start itself on startup to see if this makes any difference.
- Enter “taskmgr” in the dialogue box by pressing Windows + R.
- Navigate to the startup tab in the task manager, pick ScanToPCActivationApp, and press the Disable button underneath it.
- Once the service has been disabled, restart your machine entirely to see if the problem has been resolved.
- If the programme still won’t switch off after you disabled it, go to services and disable the service by selecting it and pressing End Task.
Solution 3: Power cycling the entire System
Another solution that worked well was to power cycle the whole machine (both the computer and the printer). There has been a documented problem with printers of all types where they fall into a bad configuration and cannot be repaired until they are completely rebooted. There were some signs that if the printer was switched on for an extended period of time with no operation, it would eventually fail to meet expectations.
- The act of completely turning off and cutting the power to your computer/printer is known as power cycling.
- Use the proper shutdown mechanism to shut down your machine. Carry out the same procedure for your printer.
- Remove the power cords from both the machine and the printer until it has been switched off.
- Until plugging everything back in and turning on the machine, wait 8-10 minutes. Check to see if the issue has been resolved after connecting both modules.
Solution 4: Updating Printer Drivers
If none of the other options work, we can update the printer drivers. You can go to the manufacturer’s website and download the most up-to-date printer drivers. Make certain you’re downloading the correct drivers for your printer. The model number can be found on the front of your printer or in the case.
- There are a few instances where a younger driver would not operate. If this is the case, download an older version of the driver and instal it using the instructions below.
- To open the Run dialogue box, press Windows + R and type “devmgmt.msc” in the box. This will open the system manager on your computer.
- Navigate to all of the hardware, open the “Print queues” submenu, right-click on your printer hardware, and pick “Update driver.”
- Now Windows will prompt you to choose which method you want to use to update your driver. Proceed by selecting the second choice (Browse my machine for driver software).
- When the browse button appears, select the driver file you downloaded and update it accordingly.
- Restart your machine and see if the issue has been fixed.
Note: If you are unable to update the drivers manually, the first choice “Check automatically for modified driver apps” can be selected. This choice causes Windows to automatically scan the internet for the best driver available. You should also try uninstalling and restarting the printer. The system’s default drivers will be installed as a result of this.
Solved: Scan to computer is no longer activated on Windows 10
Many users’ jobs require the use of a printer. That would be extremely inconvenient if it went into error. One of the most common printer problems is that the scan to machine function has been disabled. The informative message reads: The printer’s network link has been lost. In this guide, we’ll show you how to patch it so that your printer can work normally again, as well as how to get rid of the error message on Windows 10.
Method 1: Check the connection of your Printer
If the error appears on your Windows 10 machine and you are unable to print the files, first check the relation between your printer and computer.
If your printer is connected via USB, make sure the USB cable is properly connected to your device.
Case 2: If your printer is linked to a wireless network, make sure it is connected to your own network.
If the error persists after ensuring that your printer is properly wired, proceed to method 2 to reinstall your printer driver.
Method 2: Reinstall your printer driver
The message can also be caused by corrupted driver software. In this scenario, you should try upgrading the printer driver to see if that helps.
These are the steps you must take:
- To access the quick-access menu, click the Windows logo key and the X key at the same time on your keyboard. Then open Device Manager by clicking on it.
- Locate and extend the Print Queues catalogue in the open browser. Then select Uninstall system from the right-click menu on your printer app.
- Restart your machine to allow Windows to automatically reinstall the printer driver.
If Windows fails to reinstall the driver, go to the printer manufacturer’s website and manually download the new driver.
Method 3: Get rid of ‘Scan to computer is no longer activated’ error
If you can use your printer normally, but the error message Scan to machine is not activated appears every 2-5 minutes, it will irritate you greatly. To get rid of it, follow the steps below:
- To open Task Manager, click Ctrl + Shift + Esc on your keyboard at the same time. Under both the Process and Startup tabs, we’ll make some changes.
- Go to the Processes tab and look for scanToPCActivationApp. Then select End task from the context menu by right-clicking on it.
- Go to the Startup tab and look for scanToPCActivationApp. Then select Disable from the context menu.
It’s as easy as that.
Please feel free to leave a comment below to let us know if you have any questions.