How to Scan Your Computer for Driver Updates?
ARE YOU LOOKING TO UPDATE YOUR COMPUTER’S OLD, BUGGY DRIVERS?
Start by scanning your machine for driver updates and keeping them up to date with this fast and easy guide.
- Driver notifications can be of assistance:
- Errors, glitches, and other problems with older drivers may be fixed.
- Enhance the hardware’s long-term dependability.
- Device efficiency can be improved.
- Unlock and use the special features that your hardware supports.
- Newer hardware and software should be supported.
- Compatibility with newer operating systems can be improved.
- Extend the life of your machine by using these tips.
HOW TO FIND DRIVER UPDATES?
This guide will show you three different methods for scanning your computer for driver updates and determining which drivers need to be updated.
The Windows Driver Update Wizard is a tool that allows you to update your computer’s drivers.
What to look for when looking for driver updates:
- Click Start, then Run, then type MMC devmgmt.MSC and hit Enter. Simply type Device Manager into the search box in Windows 7 or higher.
- Locate the system you want to update in the Device Manager window. Right-click it and select Update Driver from the menu that appears.
- This launches the driver update wizard, which will either let you install a previously downloaded update or allow Windows to search the Windows Update database for available driver updates.
May not have the most up-to-date information
While this appears to be a simple task, the results vary widely between computers. Many people have complained that Windows Updates don’t always provide the most recent updates. To make matters worse, upgrading drivers via the Device Manager can be a time-consuming and overwhelming process for regular users. Visiting the website of the PC or hardware manufacturer
On their support pages, almost all computer hardware manufacturers provide device drivers for download. If you have a branded computer, such as an HP or Dell, go to their website, find the support page, and enter your model number or service tag to see the results. Depending on the hardware components mounted in your machine, you would need to visit the websites of different suppliers if you have a custom-built computer.
Some people make the mistake of misidentifying their hardware and installing the wrong drivers.
- Even though this is the best method for upgrading drivers, many users get lost in the labyrinth of support details, devices, and downloads.
- Some people misidentify their hardware and download the wrong drivers, while others just give up halfway through. So, if you are successful in downloading the correct drivers, you can install them on your machine by following the instructions given.
- Using a driver updater software that automatically updates your drivers
- Wouldn’t it be great if there was a way to have your machine automatically search for driver updates and install them in a few simple steps?
- That’s just what driver updating software will help you with. Fortunately, we have a service that can meet all of your driver-update requirements.
Scan Results from ReviverSoft’s Driver Reviver
The award-winning Driver Reviver software from ReviverSoft will search your device for driver updates and install them for you in three simple steps. Scan your PC for driver updates, then download and install them in minutes. Driver Reviver provides unrestricted access to an increasing database of driver updates, as well as a simple driver backup and restores wizard to assist you in managing your drivers.