Free antivirus, protection against Trojans, spyware and adware
Norton offers an online scanner that can be used to search an infected device. It was a free commodity, but it will be phased out starting in April 2020. The Norton Security Scan was another name for it. However, there are other Norton security scan alternatives. The best free online virus scanners are listed below.
Norton Online Virus Scanner is a free online virus scanner from Norton.
Norton (Symantec online )’s virus scanner is a fully free online virus scanning tool. It scans your computer and notifies you if any viruses, malware, or spyware are present.
It will not, however, clean them up; instead, it will simply show you the existence of a virus. You may need to purchase Norton security to get rid of them. It’s useful if you’re not sure if your machine is infected or not, and it’s completely free.
To scan a computer using Norton online scan, only a minimal installation is necessary. Instead of installing virus definitions, it will search your device using online virus definitions or a cloud-based antivirus. That is why it is referred to as an online scanner.
Why do you want to use Norton’s online virus scanner?
Norton is one of the most well-known brands in anti-virus security, so you can rest easy knowing you’re in good hands. Norton’s seasoned, expert team has developed this programme to function quickly without interfering with your daily tasks. Regardless, Norton’s online virus scanner is extremely effective.
- It can be used as a backup to ensure that your current antivirus is capturing all threats.
- To de-infect a computer that has been infected.
- In the PC security industry, this is a well-known brand.
How do I use Norton’s free online scanner?
Norton Security Scanner is designed to be simple and user-friendly, so you don’t need any special knowledge or experience to use it.
All you have to do is download a small setup software from the official website (it’s just about a megabyte). When you run it, you’ll see prompts that will walk you through the scanner’s operation. It works for Windows 10, 8, 7, and other operating systems.
It will perform a thorough examination of your hard drive as well as any programmes you have installed. Norton Security Scan will notify you if there are any viruses, Trojans, or other malware on your computer in an easy-to-understand manner. After that, you will decide what you want to do next, which is normally to remove the malware.
How to Use Norton AntiVirus in Safe Mode to Scan Your Computer?
Safe mode is a Windows boot option that starts the operating system without any programmes or drivers. If your business machine is infected with malware that starts at startup, boot into safe mode to prevent the malware from starting with Windows, then run a Norton AntiVirus scan to delete the malware when it isn’t running.
- Restart your machine by choosing “Restart” from the “Start” tab, pointing to the arrow to the right of Shut Down in the bottom right corner of the Start menu.
- When your machine is booting up, press and hold the “F8” key until you see the boot menu.
- With the arrow keys, choose “Safe Mode” from the boot menu, then click “Enter.”
- Use an administrator password to log in to your device. Contact your system administrator if you don’t have access to an account with administrative privileges at your business.
- Double-click the Norton AntiVirus product icon on your desktop. If it isn’t on your screen, click “Start,” type “Norton Antivirus” (without quotation marks), and then pick the shortcut from the menu.
- To run an anti-virus scan, click the “Yes” button in the pop-up window. If Norton detects a problem, you can patch, quarantine, or uninstall the malware using the buttons in the warning window.
How to Run a Norton Internet Security Full System Scan
When you run a fast search of your computer’s hard drive with Norton Internet Security, it will only look in the folders where viruses are most likely to be found. Although these fast scans will root out a lot of threats and get them off your computer, don’t expect them to find every single piece of malicious software on your hard drive. The only way to be absolutely sure that your machine and the information on it are secure is to run a full device scan with Norton Internet Security.
On your machine, launch the Norton Internet Security programme. You can do this by clicking on the icon in the “Norton” folder of your computer’s “Start” menu or by using the shortcut icon that was created on your desktop during the initial Norton Internet Security installation.
In the centre of the Norton Internet Security software window, click the “Scan Now” button once. A new segment will extend across the centre of the window, outlining a list of choices relevant to machine scanning.
Select “Full System Scan” from the drop-down menu. Norton Internet Security will begin scanning your computer for malware, spyware, and other malicious software right away.
To tell Norton Internet Security what to do when the scan is over, use the “On scan completion” drop down menu. Depending on your preferences, you can opt to keep your machine turned on or have it shut down automatically.
Wait for Norton Internet Security to finish its full machine scan. This could take an hour or more, depending on your computer’s overall speed and the total number of files on your hard drive. Any viruses detected by the software will be quarantined and removed separately from the rest of the files on your hard drive for full computer security.
Perform a complete system scan.
Full System Scan examines all of the user’s boot history, files, and running processes. This performs a detailed scan of your computer and takes longer.
- Perform a complete system scan.
- Enable Norton.
- If you see the My Norton window, click Open next to Device Security.
- Double-click Security in the Norton main window, then click Scans.
- Click Full System Scan in the Scans window, under Scans and Tasks.
- Click the “Go” button.
Please feel free to leave a comment if you have any questions or concerns.