Facebook Dating is Facebook’s answer to location-based dating services like Tinder and Bumble. To help you make a dating profile that is unique, Facebook will carry your name, age and favorite pages and groups.
If you’ve made a Facebook Dating profile, you may want to delete it at some point. Perhaps you’ve discovered that another dating app suits you better, or perhaps you’ve discovered that dating apps aren’t for you at all — or perhaps the reverse is true, and you’ve met someone special and no longer require the app.
If you don’t have a Facebook Dating profile and want to create one, use our step-by-step tutorial to Activate your Facebook Dating page. It isn’t difficult, though, to turn off your Facebook Dating profile. Let’s have a look at the procedure.
How to Turn Off Your Facebook Dating Profile
Here are the steps for deleting your Facebook dating account.
- Launch the Facebook app on your Android or iPhone.
- Tap the three horizontal bars in the upper-right corner of the screen to open a menu.
- Scroll to the bottom and choose “Dating.”
- To open the Settings Menu, tap on the gear icon located in the upper-right corner.
- At the top of the Settings menu, on the right, press the “General” tab.
- Select “Delete Profile” from the “Account” menu.
- Enter a justification for deleting your profile if desired, then press “Next.”
- Instead of completely deleting your profile, you will be asked to “Take a Break.”
Your profile will not be deleted if you pick “Take a Break,” so you can save some old matches and discussions, but it will be hidden from the app. This option can be deactivated at any time and restored full functionality to your account.
- Select “Delete Profile” if you want to fully delete your profile and all data associated with it.
- Confirm your desire to delete your profile.
This is how to delete your Facebook dating profile or make it permanent. We are here to help you if you encounter any difficulties.