How To Setup Scan To Email To Outside Recipient Konica? – Before We Get Into The Topic , let’s Learn Some Basic Of This Topic
Configuring Scan To E-mail For Konica Minolta MFP
Scanning documents and having them emailed right to your mailbox is a terrific way to save time. You may effortlessly forward them or download the files to your device from there. You will be able to send documents to recipients even if they are not in the same area as the MFP, which is a benefit over conventional scanning techniques.
You’ll need the following information to correctly set up scan to e-mail on your Konica Minolta bizhub MFP:
Authentication – Username and password SMTP Server Port Security – SSL, TLS, or none (if required)
Your email provider can give you the necessary details. Providers that are commonly used are listed below.
- smtp.gmail.com is the SMTP server address.
- Your Gmail address (for example, email@example.com) is your SMTP username.
- Password for SMTP: Your Gmail username and password
- 587 (TLS) SMTP port
- 465 (SSL) SMTP port
- TLS/SSL is necessary for SMTP: yes
It’s important to note that “Less Secure Apps” must be enabled. See the table below for further information. More information from Google can be found at this site.
- smtp.office365.com is the SMTP server address.
- Username for SMTP: Your Office 365 username and password
- Password for SMTP: Your Office365 username and password
- SMTP TLS required: port 587 (preferred) or port 25 Certainly (TLS)
Godaddy / Secure server
- smtpout.secureserver.net is the SMTP server address.
- Username for SMTP: Your username is your email address.
- Password for SMTP: Password for Godaddy email
- 465th Street Port
- SMTP SSL is a requirement: Certainly (SSL)
Entering E-mail (SMTP) Settings From the MFP
At the MFP, press the following buttons to access the SMTP settings.
- [Administrator Settings] – [Menu] – [Utility] – [Network] – [E-Mail] – [E-Mail TX (SMTP)] – [E-Mail TX (SMTP)] – [E-Mail TX (SMTP)] – [E-Mail TX (SMTP
- To enter the following information, navigate through the screens.
- [SMTP Server Address] – This is the address of the SMTP server.
- [SSL/TLS Configuration] – For SSL, choose SSL, for TLS, choose TLS, and for none, choose OFF.
- Press the [Detail Settings] button if login (username/password) is necessary. Turn [SMTP Authentication] on. Make sure you’ve entered the proper Username and Password.
- To depart, press OK.
At the MFP, press the following buttons to register the Administrator Email.
- [Administrator Settings] – [Administrator/Machine Settings] – [Administrator Registration] – [Utility] – [Administrator Registration]
- Fill up the email address that will be used.
At the MFP, press the following buttons to register the Device Email.
[Administrator Settings] – [Administrator/Machine Settings] – [Input Machine Address] – [Utility] – [Administrator/Machine Settings] – [Input Machine Address]
Fill up the email address that will be used.
Entering E-mail (SMTP) Settings From the Web Connection
The Web Connection can be used to configure the MFP’s network settings. This allows you to edit or update settings on the MFP from any computer connected to the same network. See this link for more information on establishing these settings this way.
- In most cases, the MFP will only send emails if you have a legitimate email account. Choose one email account/address to use as the sender of the email. This email account/address will be used for all emails sent from the MFP.
- For Scan to Email to work, the MFP must be configured with the right network settings. This includes having a proper IP address and DNS server, among other things. Details about the configuration can be found on this page.
- No valid DNS server is saved in the MFP – The MFP will be unable to communicate with the Email server if a valid DNS server is not recorded in the MFP. Check that the MFP has a proper DNS server saved. Details about the configuration can be found on this page.
- Incorrect Default Gateway – The MFP will not be able to communicate with the Email server if a Default Gateway is not saved into the MFP or if the Default Gateway is incorrect. Make sure that the IPv4 settings in the MFP are accurate. Details about the configuration can be found on this page.
- Gmail – Gmail does not allow SMTP access by default. This implies that until you change the default configuration, you may not be able to use your Konica Minolta to scan to email with Gmail at first.
- Go to your Google Account and sign in.
- Click Security in the left menu panel.
- Turn on access in the Less secure app access tab at the bottom of the page.