How To Setup Scan To Email On Xerox Wc 6515? – Before We Get Into The Topic ,Lets Learn Some Basic Of This Topic
This is a question we’ve been getting a lot lately:
How to Scan to Gmail with a Xerox WorkCentre?
First, make sure that IMAP and POP For All Mail are enabled in your Gmail account’s settings.
POP and IMAP are the protocols that allow you to download messages from Gmail’s servers to your computer, allowing you to access your email using Microsoft Outlook or Mac Mail even if you aren’t connected to the Internet.
- Log in to your Gmail account.
- In the top right corner, click the gear symbol.
- Make a selection of options.
- POP/IMAP and Forwarding are the two options.
- Select Enable IMAP from the drop-down menu.
- Select Enable POP for all mail or Enable POP for mail arriving from now on from the drop-down menu.
After your POP client or device receives your messages, you can decide what to do with them.
Save your changes by clicking the Save button.
Gmail displays the status next to ‘POP Status:’ even though the radio button next to your selected option may not stay selected. When you enable POP, the following message appears in your settings: ‘POP Status: POP is enabled.’
The status will suggest that POP is disabled if your POP settings are switched off.
- As the Administrator, log in to CWIS.
- Select the Properties tab from the drop-down menu.
- In the User ID field, provide your login name, and in the Password field, type your password. Note that admin is the default login name, and 1111 is the default password.
- To log in, click the Login button. The Overview of Configuration window will appear.
- Expand the list of options by clicking on Connectivity.
- To enlarge the list, click Protocols.
- Select SMTP Server from the drop-down menu. The tab Require Information will appear.
- Next to SMTP Server Setup, select the Static radio option.
- In the SMTP Server IP Address / Host Name column, type smtp.Gmail.com.
- In the Port Number field, type 587 or 465 for an E-mail or Internet fax port.
- From the SMTP – SSL / TLS Communication pull-down menu, choose SSL / TLS.
- In the Machine’s E-mail Address section, type your email address.
- In the Login Name field, type your email address once again.
- For your Gmail account, enter your email password.
- Under the Login Credentials for E-mail Send section, select the System Radio Button.
- Then press the Apply button.
- Smart Document Solutions is always there to help you if you have any problems. Contact us by phone at 602-788-0250 or 928-774-5828 or by email.