How To Setup Scan To Email On Epson wf-7710? – Before We Get Into The Topic , let’s Learn Some Basic Of This Topic
How to set up and troubleshoot Push Scan to Email?
- Gmail SMTP server address: SMTP.gmail.com
- Gmail SMTP user name: Your full Gmail address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Gmail SMTP password: Your Gmail password
- Gmail SMTP port (TLS): 587
- Gmail SMTP port (SSL): 465
- Gmail SMTP TLS/SSL required: yes
- Outlook.com SMTP server address: SMTP.live.com
- Outlook.com SMTP user name: Your full Outlook.com email address (not an alias)
- Outlook.com SMTP password: Your Outlook.com password
- Outlook.com SMTP port: 587
- Outlook.com SMTP TLS/SSL encryption required: yes
- Yahoo! Mail SMTP server address: SMTP.mail.yahoo.com
- Yahoo! Mail SMTP user name: Your full Yahoo! Mail email address (including “@yahoo.com”)
- Yahoo! Mail SMTP password: Your Yahoo! Mail password
- Yahoo! Mail SMTP port: 465
- Yahoo! Mail SMTP TLS/SSL required: yes
- GMX Mail SMTP server address: SMTP.gmx.com
- GMX Mail SMTP user name: Your full GMX Mail email address (“email@example.com”, for instance)
- GMX Mail SMTP password: Your GMX Mail password
- GMX Mail SMTP port: 25 (alternative: 465 is actually 587 the information is incorrect on the site.
- GMX Mail SMTP TLS/SSL required: yes
Communicating with the SMTP server
Use an application called Telnet to see if you can contact the SMTP server.
Users using Windows 7/8: Use the following link to install Telnet: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/910.windows-7-enabling-telnet-client.aspx
- Use Terminal if you’re a Mac user.
- Start Telnet on Windows by going to Run > Telnet and typing in:
- SMTP.server.address SMTP.server.address SMTP.server.address SMTP.
- To connect to Gmail’s alternate SMTP server, put in:
- You will be connected to the server as follows if the connection is successful:
- You can also verify if there are any DNS issues by using the server’s IP address:
- The IP address of the Google server is 126.96.36.199, which you can get using the ping command from the command line or Terminal.
- You’re logged in to the same server as before:
- If this fails, try the following:
- It means that their network connection’s port 25 is closed, and the user will be unable to use the push scan feature to the Google email server; however, they can attempt the GMX service on port 587.
- After you’ve confirmed that you can connect to the SMTP server, you may set up the printer.
Push Scan to Email setup
- To begin, go to the printer’s online interface and log in:
- A certificate error will be displayed by the new printer. This warning should be ignored. It’s used to build up secure data transfer using certificates.
- Go to Wi-Fi/Network Settings > Email Server – Basic and fill in the appropriate information, such as WF-7610 in our case. WP will have a somewhat different range.
- Gmail configurations
- GMX configurations
- Because the settings for Gmail and GMX are different, they’ll have to either test it or consult their email provider for the exact settings.
- To see if it works, click Connection Test.
- Add email addresses to the address book.
- You’ll be able to send scans to an email from the MFP now.