How To Set Up Scan To Email? – Before We Get Into The Topic ,Lets Learn Some Basic Of This Topic
How to set up a scan to e-mail on a Multifunctional device using Office 365?
If you have Office 365, you can use their services to set up your device for scanning to email. Your e-mail is routed to the server that accepts the e-mail for your domain using a DNS MX record in Office365. This MX record can be used on your MFD as an SMTP relay for scanning to e-mail. The first step is to figure out what SMTP server you’re using.
How To Setup Email Scan On Ir2525?
A domain identification is followed by an MX record.
Your domain identifier will be Contoso-com if your email domain is contoso.com.Contoso-com.mail.protection.outlook.com will be the full MX record. This is what you’ll use as the device’s SMTP server.
After you’ve located your MX record, you can set up your device.
Canon Multifunctional Devices scan to e-mail setup
The SMTP server must be added to your device.
Scan to e-mail setup for Canon Multifunctional Devices
Open a browser and type in your Canon device’s IP address.
Use the Administrator account and password to log in to the device.
On the right-hand side menu, click the Settings/Registration link.
Menu of Canon Preferences
Click the Send link on the left-hand menu, under Function Settings.
Send Menu Canon
Select Network Settings – E-mail/I-Fax Settings from the drop-down menu.
Menu for Canon E-mail Network Settings
As the SMTP server, type your O365 MX record.
The sending address will be the e-mail address you provide. It doesn’t have to be a real e-mail address.
Menu for Canon’s SMTP Server
Check the Allow TLS option in the Authentication/Encryption settings (SMTP TX)
Please keep in mind that all other options should be left unticked.
TLS Encryption is permitted by Canon.
To save your changes, click the OK button.
Scan to e-mail setup for Ricoh Multifunctional Devices
- Ricoh Multifunctional Devices scan to email setup
- Open a browser and type in your Canon device’s IP address.
- Login to the device using the Administrator account and password by clicking the Login link in the top right corner.
- Select Device Management > Configuration from the left-hand menu.
- Configuration Ricoh
- Select E-mail from the Device Settings menu.
- Fill in the e-mail address where you’d want the scans to be delivered.
- The sending address will be the e-mail address you provide. It doesn’t have to be a real e-mail address.
- As the SMTP server, enter your O365 MX record as seen in the screenshot below.
- Make sure that Use Secure Connection is enabled.
- Ensure that SMTP Authentication is disabled.
- Ricoh SMTP Configuration
- To save your changes, scroll to the bottom and click the OK button.
- Scanning to e-mail should now be possible with Office 365