How To Scan And Email Documents Windows 10? – Before We Get Into The Topic , let’s Learn Some Basics Of This Topic
How to Scan an email from Windows 10 with Gmail or any email account?
This method for scanning to email on Windows 10 works with any scanner and email account, including Gmail.
In general, I prefer to teach people how to use the gmail.com web interface because it provides the best email security and productivity features, such as Smart Compose.
However, some people prefer a simpler method for emailing scanned documents. The area where people get stuck is locating the scanned document (navigating a file system).
The following Setup and How To are for situations where you are unable to train the user to send attachments via Gmail.
Setup Scan And Email Documents
Before this method will work, these setup steps must be completed once.
Get Windows Scan – Microsoft Store
Windows Scan is a free app available in the Microsoft Store.
Set Window Scan file type to pdf
Change the File type from png to pdf in the left column of Windows Scan.
Add your email account to Mail in Windows 10
This method necessitates the use of Windows 10 Mail. Except, in this case, I’m not a big fan of Windows 10 Mail. Continue to use the gmail.com web interface for day-to-day Gmail usage.
Click on the following link: In Windows 10 Mail, add an email account.
Set Microsoft Edge as default pdf handler
Out of the box thinking, Microsoft Edge is the default PDF reader in Windows 10. You may simply set Edge as your preferred PDF reader if you’ve been using another program to handle this type of document.
Click the Choose default apps by file type link in Settings > Apps > Default apps. Then scroll down and select Microsoft Edge from the list of apps that are currently set as a default for.pdf.
Set Mail as a default email client on Windows 10
This is required so that we can send the scanned pdf as an attachment to an email directly from Edge.
- Bottom-left, click the Start Menu Windows 10 Start Icon button.
- Now go to the Windows 10 Settings menu and select Settings.
- Then select System Windows 10 Settings – System from the drop-down menu.
- Then select Default Apps.
- Click on the current default email client under the Email heading.
- To make Mail the default app, go to the Choose an app menu and select Mail.
How to: Scan to the email from Windows 10?
Now that the setup is complete, we can use this method to scan to email from the computer.
- The scan is another name for Windows Scan.
- To begin the scan, click Scan.
- To open, click View. The pdf is expected to open in Edge.
- To share, click the Share button.
- To send an email, click Email.
- If you have multiple email accounts, select one to send from.
- In the To field, type the name of the recipient.
- Change the subject and write a message so that the recipient understands what this attachment is about.
- Send the message.
- Attach files to your Gmail message. You can send attachments using the Gmail web interface, or you can share from Google Drive.
- Both Microsoft Outlook and a free email client are available. Thunderbird from Mozilla is an alternative email client for sending files as attachments. Right-click > send to mail recipient can be used.
- The scanner / multifunctional printer may have an inbuilt Scan to Email function that can be accessed via the touch screen or buttons.