Due to contractual conflicts between the firms, HBO Max is still not available directly on Roku or Amazon’s Fire TV streaming devices more than two months after its introduction.
Roku, Fire TV, and HBO continue to support the new HBO app. The extended content menu on HBO Max would be available to you, but not the HBO app.
Despite the fact that Warner Media negotiates HBO Max deals with the platforms, there are a number of workarounds that will allow you to watch HBO Max on your HDTV right now without having to wait for the firms to reach an agreement.
Apple’s iOS, Apple TV, and Apple TV Channels; Google’s Android, Android TV, and Chromecast; Samsung TVs; Xbox One; and PlayStation 4 are among the other network partners that offer HBO Max. It can also be viewed live online.
Additionally, if your Samsung TV or iPad is connected to an Internet connection, you can stream HBO Max. Read How To Connect An iPad To A Samsung TV. However, let’s know how to how to put HBO Max on Roku TV step by step.
Step 1: Update to Roku OS 9.3 or Higher
Roku OS 9.3 is required in order to use HBO Max. If that doesn’t work, try updating your Roku by the following steps.
- To start your Roku device, press the Home button on your Roku remote.
- Select Settings from the menu.
- Select Systems from Settings Menu
- Scroll all the way to System Updates.
- Click on “Check Now” to start manually searching for updates.
- Install and update the update if it is available by following these steps.
How to Put HBO Max on Roku TV [OS 9.3 or Above]
To install HBO Max on Roku, Roku OS 9.3 is required. You can update Roku OS 9.3 or higher by following the above steps. The next article will show you how to use HBO Max for Roku OS 9.3 and lower.
Follow these steps to install HBO Max on Roku OS 9.3 and above
- Use your Roku remote to press the Home button.
- Select the search option in the menu.
- Use the virtual keyboard to search for HBO Max.
- To add HBO Max to your Roku channel store click on Add channel.
- Wait for the channel’s addition to take place.
- Click on Navigate to channel to launch HBO Max
- Use your HBO Max subscription to log in.
- All content on HBO Max is available to you.
How to update HBO Max on Roku
If you already have an HBO subscription, whether through HBO Now or HBO Go, Roku will be able to update the software and add HBO Max to your device. You’ll have to push the update if you don’t:
- You can select the HBO app from your Roku remote, but you should not launch it.
- Use the remote to press the Star button.
- Select “Check for updates.”
- HBO Max should replace the HBO app on Roku after a short moment.
How to Put HBO Max on Roku TV [OS below 9.3]
Roku version prior to 9.3 cannot add HBO Max. With these devices, screen mirroring is possible from your smartphone or computer to your Roku. Make sure you do the following before you start screen-mirroring on Roku.
- Connect your Roku to an HDMI port.
- Verify that the Roku and mirroring devices are both connected to the same Wi Fi network. Next, set the screen mirroring mode at Prompt/Always Accept.
How to Use HBO Max via Roku via Smartphone
Follow these steps to set up HBO Max on Roku with your iPhone or Android.
- Open your Android/iOS device’s Play Store/App Store.
- Download and install HBO Max on your mobile device.
- Start the app and log in with your HBO Max Account.
- To cast, click in the top-right corner of the page.
- Select your Roku device from the drop-down menu.
- Roku allows you to watch all your favorite movies and TV shows from your Android smartphone.
How to Install HBO Max on Roku by Computer
Follow these steps to learn how to set up HBO Max on Roku with your computer.
- Click on the Start icon to open your start menu and choose Settings.
- Select System Settings
- Select Display from the system settings panel.
Notice:Type display settings in the Windows search box to view display settings.
- Scroll down until your see the Connect To Wireless display.
- Select your Roku computer and your screen will change to Roku.
- If the system is attached, launch your PC’s browser.
- Navigate to the HBO Max Official Site Sign in using your HBO Max account.
- You can start watching your favorite TV and movie shows on Roku.
Additional Methods to View HBO Max TV
Use HDMI Connection
Although it is a little awkward, you don’t even need a Roku or Fire TV to use this feature.
An HDMI cable (male-to-male) is all that’s required to connect compatible devices, smartphones, tablets, and tablets to an HDTV. An adapter for mobile devices is almost always required (e.g. an Apple Digital AV adapter to connect an iPad to HDMI).
Connect them, and voila! What’s the catch, exactly? You’ll need to open a title and monitor playback from the screen of the laptop linked to the TV if you have a PC with a wireless mouse.
Use AirPlay Wireless Streaming to TVs
Like the HDMI-connection option, this does not require the use of Roku and Fire TV. Apple’s patented AirPlay 2 wireless AV protocol, on the other hand, is limited to a few applications.
The AirPlay icon can be found in the video that you want to watch on TV using a new-model iPhone, iPad or Mac. After selecting a compatible device, which must be on the exact same Wi-Fi network, click the button. AirPlay 2 can be used on select models of Apple TV set top boxes and selected models from LG, Samsung, Sony and Vizio smart TVs.
These are just a few ways to get HBO Max on Roku TV. Simply add the app to your Roku TV once it is available on the Roku channel shop. Follow the instructions above to watch HBO Max while you wait. Send us a message with any questions.