Are you tired of using multiple remotes to control devices? Remotes can be programmed for multiple devices.
Spectrum remotes are great for programming other devices.
The Spectrum remote can be used to program your TV and cable boxes simultaneously, eliminating the need to use multiple remotes.
It’s easy and takes just a few minutes. Here’s how to program Spectrum remotes.
How to program Spectrum’s remote to your cable box
Here’s a step-by step guide guide to Spectrum remoteCable box programming:
- Turn on your cable box
- Face the cable box and hold the Spectrum remote control at a comfortable distance.
- Press simultaneously the “CBL”, “OK/SELL”, and “CBL” buttons on your remote. They should remain in place for at least a few seconds until the LED light turns on.
- Turn on the light to program your remote. At this point, enter the correct codes for your cable box brand and model. It is possible to enter multiple codes for different brands. You might need to wait a while between each code.
- If you do not have the codes, continue pressing the CH – and CH + buttons. This will automatically search the correct code for your cablebox model and you can enter it. You will need to hold the button down for a few seconds, until you find the correct code.
- Once you have entered the correct code, your cable box should turn off immediately. After entering the code, your remote will automatically turn off. To test it, press the “POWER” button. If it turns on, the process is complete.
- To save the code and complete the process, press the “CBL” button once more.
How to program Spectrum remote control to the TV
You can sync the Spectrum remote with your TV.
Here are the instructions for using Spectrum remote control to accomplish this task:
- Turn the remote in the opposite direction.
- Press simultaneously the “TV” button and the “Yellow/Blue A/Blue B” buttons, depending on the brand of your TV. These buttons should be held in place for a few seconds before the TV button blinks.
- When the TV is on, press the 1-digit code for your brand (which can also be found in the Spectrum remote controller setup manual). The code for Samsung, Mitsubishi or other brands will be 1. Continue pressing the button until the TV turns off. You can also choose to use the auto-search option, instead of typing the code. To turn the TV off, press either the CH– or CH+ button.
- To turn on the TV and check if it is working, press the “POWER” button
- To save the code, press the “TV” button once more. The button will blink 2 times.
Are you looking for programming tips to program Spectrum remote to TV? This comprehensive guide will help you program Spectrum remote TV or cable box.
You can create your Spectrum remote a universal remote control that worksFollow the steps to pair your devices. Now you can use the same remote control to control all of your devices. You can control all your devices from one location.