How To Scan A Document To Computer?
Scanning is the method of converting an image or text into an electronic version on a computer. A paper is scanned using a scanning system known as a scanner. A scanner is needed if we need to scan documents. However, online scanners allow us to scan the document while online. There are online scanner websites and apps that can be downloaded and used to search an image or document on a mobile device. In general, a scanner is required to mail, upload, or submit any document that requires a lot of detail. When printed, a scanned image produces a high-quality print with excellent clarity. It is necessary to upload a scanned image of the application form for the words and sentences to be clearly visible.
We’ll go over how to scan a document with a scanner and the steps involved in the process.
Scanning a document using Windows Scan App
In Windows 10, an in-built feature allows us to scan a document to a screen. You’ll need a scanner and a USB cable to link it to your phone to use the Windows Scan app. After that, search the document with the Scan App by following the steps below:
1) Click the ‘Windows’ icon or press the ‘Windows’ key on the keyboard to open your computer’s start screen.
2) In the search bar, type in ‘Scan app,’ and it will appear if it exists. Alternatively, you can check for the Scan app in the ‘Microsoft Store’ on your system and download it from there:
3) Now, as shown below, click on the ‘Windows Scan’ app icon and select ‘Get’:
4) The software will start downloading to your device. When the app has been successfully downloaded, press ‘Launch’ as shown below:
5) The app will open when we press the start button.
6) If your scanner isn’t connected to your screen, it will show “No scanner connected.” Otherwise, the name of the attached Scanner would appear in the app’s left menu, as shown below:
7) As shown below, pick the type of file and the file you want to scan:
8) Finally, select the ‘Scan’ icon from the list below to scan the text.
Scanning a document using Windows Fax and Scan
It is a Microsoft-provided alternative software that not only scans but also helps you to fax documents from one place to another. Unlike the Windows Scan software, you won’t need to download it from the Microsoft Store since it’s already included with Windows’ other built-in apps. A scanner must be connected to the device via USB cable for the Windows Fax and Scan app to work. Following the steps below will allow you to use Windows Fax and Scan:
1) Press the “Windows” key or go to the “Start” menu, then type “Windows Fax and Scan” into the search bar, as shown below:
2) A window called ‘Windows Fax and Scan’ will appear, as shown below:
3) Place the document you want to scan in the scanner, making sure the side that needs to be scanned is facing down (towards the Scanner).
4) On the app, go to the ‘New Scan’ option, which is next to the ‘New Fax’ option, as shown below:
5) The name will appear on the screen if your scanner is properly attached. Otherwise, it will prompt you to add a scanner. As a result, the relation must be made properly.
6) Next, choose the type of document you’d like to scan. To do so, select the required document form from the ‘Profile’ drop-down box.
7) You can also choose the document’s colour (black and white or coloured), file format (jpeg, pdf, etc.), and resolution.
8) After you’ve finished tweaking the parameters, take a look at the document that will be shown. Select ‘Preview’ from the drop-down menu.
9) Finally, press the ‘Scan’ button, and the document you just placed will be scanned and saved to your screen.
10) To view the scanned document, go to File Explorer > Documents > Scanned Documents and locate your scanned document there.
These are the methods for scanning a document with a scanner. There are some apps for mobile phones that you can download and use to search documents electronically without having to use Scanner.