You’re trying to watch your favorite show on HBO Go, but all of a sudden, an error message pops up saying that the app will now restart. What gives? HBO Go is a streaming service that offers HBO content to subscribers. However, the service has been known to experience technical difficulties from time to time. In this blog post, we will explore what could be causing the error message and how you can fix it.
What is HBO Go?
HBO GO is an online streaming service that gives users access to HBO’s vast library of films, TV shows, and documentaries. It’s available as a standalone service or as part of a cable or satellite TV package.
HBO GO has something for everyone, whether you’re looking for the latest episode of Game of Thrones, classic films like The Godfather, or acclaimed documentaries such as Going Clear. With HBO GO, you can watch your favorite shows and movies whenever you want, on your own schedule.
If you’re an HBO subscriber, you can sign in to HBO GO with your TV provider’s credentials and start watching right away. If you don’t have a TV provider, you can still sign up for HBO GO and get a 7-day free trial. After that, you’ll need to choose a monthly subscription plan.
How to use HBO Go?
If you’re having trouble with HBO GO, follow the troubleshooting steps below.
- Check your internet connection
Make sure that you have a strong internet connection. You can run a speed test at www.speedtest.net to check your connection speed. If your connection is slower than 3 Mbps, you may have difficulty streaming video from HBO GO.
- Check for browser updates
If you’re using an outdated browser, you may not be able to access HBO GO or other websites. Update your browser to the latest version by visiting www.updateyourbrowser.org.
- Try another browser
If you’re still having trouble accessing HBO GO, try using a different browser such as Firefox or Safari.
- Restart your device
If you’re still having trouble after completing all of the above steps, try restarting your device (computer, smartphone, tablet, etc.).
What to do if HBO Go doesn’t work?
If you’re having trouble with HBO Go, there are a few things you can try to get it up and running again.
First, make sure that your device is connected to the internet and that you have the latest version of the HBO Go app installed. Then, try restarting the app. If that doesn’t work, try restarting your device.
If you’re still having trouble, you can try clearing your app’s cache or deleting and reinstalling the app. You can also contact HBO Go’s customer support for help.
How to troubleshoot HBO Go?
If you’re having trouble with HBO Go, there are a few things you can do to troubleshoot the issue.
First, try restarting the HBO Go app. If that doesn’t work, try restarting your device. If you’re still having trouble, try deleting and reinstalling the HBO Go app.
If you’re still having problems after trying all of those things, contact HBO Go customer support for help.
HBO Go customer service
If you’re an HBO Go customer and you’re experiencing technical difficulties, the first thing you should do is check the HBO Go help center to see if there’s a known issue. If there is, you can often find workarounds or solutions there.
If you’re still having trouble, your next step should be to reach out to HBO Go customer service. You can do this by email, phone, or chat. When you contact customer service, be sure to have your account information handy so they can help resolve your issue as quickly as possible.
What caused the error?
There are a few potential causes of this error. One possibility is that there is an issue with your internet connection. Another possibility is that there is an issue with your HBO GO account. Finally, it is also possible that the HBO GO app itself is having difficulties.
How to fix the error?
If you’re seeing the error message “An Error Has Occurred: HBO GO will now restart,” it usually means there’s a problem with your internet connection or with the device you’re using. Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help fix the problem:
- Restart your device and try again. This may sound like a no-brainer, but oftentimes restarting your device can fix a minor glitch that’s causing the error message.
- Check your internet connection. Make sure you have a strong, stable internet connection. If you’re using WiFi, try moving closer to your router to see if that improves things.
- Try another device. If you’re still seeing the error message, try watching HBO GO on another device (like your laptop or another streaming device). This will help rule out whether the problem is with your device or with HBO GO itself.
- Clear your browser’s cookies and cache. If you’re watching HBO GO in a browser, clearing out your cookies and cache may help fix the problem. Here’s how to do it in Chrome:
Open Chrome and click the three dots in the top-right corner of the window. Click “More tools” and then “Clear browsing data.” In the window that pops up, make sure “Cookies and other site data” and “Cached images and files” are checked, then click “Clear data.” Close out of Chrome and try opening HBO GO again.
- Contact HBO GO support. If you’ve tried all of the above and you’re still seeing the error message, it’s time to contact HBO GO support.
Other ways to watch HBO
If you’re having trouble watching HBO GO, there are a few other ways you can watch your favorite shows:
- On Demand: Many cable and satellite providers offer HBO On Demand, which gives you access to a selection of HBO shows and movies whenever you want to watch them.
- HBO NOW: If you don’t have cable or satellite, you can still sign up for HBO NOW, HBO’s standalone streaming service. With HBO NOW, you can watch all of your favorite HBO shows and movies online or on your mobile device.
- Amazon Prime Video: Amazon Prime Video also offers a selection of HBO shows and movies that you can watch with your Prime membership.
- Hulu: Hulu also has a selection of HBO shows and movies that you can watch with your Hulu subscription.
- Other streaming services: There are other streaming services that offer a selection of HBO shows and movies, such as Sling TV, DIRECTV NOW, and PlayStation Vue.
We’re sorry for the inconvenience, but it looks like HBO Go is experiencing some technical difficulties. We recommend restarting your device and trying again. If you continue to see this error message, please contact customer support for assistance. Thank you for your patience!